Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Very Very Happy Birthday!

You just simply cannot imagine...

...what your life is like with G in it.

She brings another dimension to what you thought things were really like. It is a shock initially, but very quickly you get used to it.

I suspect that the real problem lies in a life without G. I don't actually want to contemplate that thought. G adds an entire layer to your day, your thoughts, and your dreams. G enhances your existence. She very subtly urges you to keep an open mind, and if you are not careful, you find yourself thinking of new thoughts, and doing new things that you could not imagine yesterday.

She is nothing less than amazing. In an understated way, she sees herself as an ordinary woman, but in actual fact, she is very, very special. I am so fortunate to know her. I will endevour to deserve her attention and respect.

The reaction from her Birthday office gift was quite interesting. Women looked at the flowers visually, then emotionally. Men looked longingly at the balloon and didn't even notice that it was attached to the flowers. I find myself warmed by the flowers and amused by the balloon. I also have learned that I am very attached to G. I don't want to say that she is the centre of my existence, but I do want to say that my existence is nothing without G. I have had the pleasure of having her around for over a year, albeit in correspondence only form. Only a few more days until I can actually be with her again. I hope for your sake that you can share my joy in that thought. I cherish the notion of having her around forever, but relish the thought that I will talk to her in the morning.

I have a Birthday balloon. I will tell all. Tomorrow morning at dawn, I secretly will go down to the beach and 'free' my balloon and make a secret wish as it drifts away across the ocean. I know all of you can guess what that wish is.

My goal in the upcoming year is to improve my communication skills with my partner. This way, it will be easier to get through day to day things and discuss complicated future plans. G and I already have an excellent beginning in that we can discuss important things that figure in our future. I want to use that as a foundation and actually build on it, so discussing important matters will be even easier going forward.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

Aww, I think that my fella likes me and is enjoying his birthday presents...

...what do you think?!