Monday, June 23, 2008

It Could Always Be Worse






Early Sunday morning I looked out into the back yard and saw a group of raccoons on my neighbours garage roof. I grabbed the camera to photograph this scene. If you look closely, you will see a large, furry creature (raccoonis giganticus) weighing about 2 stone, attempt to dislodge a roof shingle to gain access to the attic of this house in order to nest. It is a relief to know that I am not the only one who has incursions by wildlife recently. The photos below show the effort put in by AAA-Wildlife Services in order to keep skunks from re-invading the area under my front steps. The wire mesh extends about 6 inches out from the concrete steps, hence the filled in trench.









On a lighter note, my surviving roses; American Pillar. Left unattended they would take over the world, much like something out of a science fiction film.



















No comments: