- Tackle lack of storage and food preparation areas by replanning cupboards and counter surfaces. (Include dishwasher in replanning process!)
- HIGH PRIORITY ITEM! Install bug shield for window to keep out flies and spiders (proposed by Leo, seconded by Gabrielle)
- Hunt down a sink in a colour and style that goes with the existing bath and toilet and redo the surrounding bathroom cabinet, sink and mirror piece.
- It might be time to look at new bath taps too?
- Clean windows and rub down window paintwork (to get rid of the glue-on, velcro strip residue) and repaint all window frames white?
- Relocate corner recipe bookcase to maximise space for dining table? If so, add storage for recipe books and dining table items (napkins, table mats) into kitchen cupboard plan!
- Remove knotty pine cladding and 60s-70s cupboard-shelving add-ons to reinstate original room finish?
- Replace mantelpiece with a simple section of wood that you really like.
- Consider complementary, more efficiently planned bookcases for book storage
- When heavy duty work is done - new drapes or blinds (warmth and privacy)!
- Smaller footprint fish tank.
- Hang pictures of your own choice!
- Proper, winter weight interlined curtains (fabric of Leo's choice)
- Refresh wall colour (colour of Leo's choice)
- 2nd bedside table
- Refresh wall colour!
- Protect and enhance all beautiful wood floors by refinishing them.
Brighten and warm rooms by phasing out gloomy green paint. Suggest introduction of lighter colours in keeping with age-style of house.
- Set up proper office-computer-games room space?
- Clear clutter
- Consider whether table and chairs have had their day
- Look into design of outdoor dining table/chairs (benches) for next summer
- Outside grill/BBQ?
- Redesign for ease of upkeep during summer months.
Longer term, aspirational project:
- Add big white, sunny room to top of house?!
- Dining Table - beautifully completed by B on 09/01/08!
Make new table (to seat 6). This needs to suit/fit space without encroaching on kitchen entrance/route to living area. You mentioned a Christmas deadline for this?
Original Blog Post Intro
Brian - I send early November greetings from London! Okay, over the past week, we have discussed a wide range of West Shore Camp projects. I have jotted them down from memory for you to see. Naturally, these require discussion/validation with all full and part time West Shore Camp residents. Agreed projects will then require prioritisation in accordance with need, urgency and budget. Once this is done, I can help you to identify project tasks, then plan and track progress as necessary?
(Can you hear the left brain, project planner chuckling from 8 timezones away?!)